The Institute for Research on Women and Gender
At Tokyo Woman’s Christian University (TWCU)
For April 2024 to March 2025 Visiting Fellow
September 22, 2023
Applications are invited for a limited number of Visiting Fellowships.
- Successful applicants will either be full-time lecturers at a research institute or university or will have equivalent qualifications. Applicants must be conducting research related to women and gender within the study fields of the humanities, social science, history or natural science.
- The period of attachment will be at least two weeks and no longer than one year, with duration determined by our institute based on the applicant’s requested period of attachment and research proposal.
- Applicants may apply for a grant up to 150,000 yen from our research fund by submitting a research plan that will be assessed by our institute.
- During the period of attachment, successful applicants can access to the library at TWCU and resources at our institute but charges may be associated with use of some of those facilities and resources. Subject to availability, you may be able to stay at our on-campus accommodation up to three months at a fee to be levied.
- Successful applicants are expected to participate in our institute’s activities and events during the period of invitation. Following that period of attachment, a Visiting Fellow is expected to submit a research report using a designated form.
- The following application documents are to be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with CC to the TWCU faculty member who recommends you.
(1) Application Form for a Visiting Fellow
(2) Research Project Proposal Form
(3) TWCU Faculty Member Recommendation Form
(4) At least one major research article related to women and/or gender
- Application deadline: November 17, 2023 16:00pm (JST)
・In principle, submitted documents will not be returned.
・The TWCU faculty member who writes a recommendation letter will help to deal with matters related to undertaking the fellowship. Our institute will notify you and your referee of the outcome of you application before the end of January 2024.
Should you have any questions as to the foregoing, please do not hesitate to contact us by email to email@example.com.